Kapost2015 - PresentBoulder, CO
- Enabling team success through architectural decisions, scope definition, pair programming, code reviews, and general leadership and guidance.
- Architecting scalable internal cross-application services using Ruby on Rails.
- Building consumer-grade application front-ends with React, Redux, and WebPack.
- Implemented secure API layer for safely interacting with distributed blockchain applications on behalf of cryptocurrency addresses.
- Built custom protocol for accessing apps built for and registered on a blockchain in a familiar browser interface.
Senior Developer (Consultant)
- Built MVP mobile app for outdoor social network using Cordova, React, & Ampersand.js.
- Outlined and resolved technical problems preventing a financial startup’s growth by migrating from MongoDB to PostgreSQL, fixing inherent data structure flaws, and replacing custom encryption with an accepted standard.
Black Book Singles2008 - 2013Austin, TX
- Individually coordinated the design and development of a free online dating service.
- Developed and released Android mobile application.
- Acquired all users through search engine optimization techniques.
- Acted as team’s Ruby on Rails subject matter expert for the Bloomberg Law product.
- Replaced unreliable client architecture with a robust extensible gem solution for use with propriety API services.
- Introduced unit and functional test suites for existing code, and presenting an ongoing testing strategy.
Food on the Table2010 - 2012Austin, TX
- Utilized lean startup methodology to implement MVP solutions based upon multivariate testing results and user feedback.
- Integrated with Facebook Connect to coordinate viral acquisition efforts.
- Concurrently iterated iPhone & Android mobile apps using data-driven development.
Challenge Online Games, Inc.2008 - 2009Austin, TX
- Led company-wide integration of Facebook Platform into all games, resulting in Zynga acquisition.
- Designed and developed reusable cross-game components within the CakePHP MVC framework.
- Coordinated the delivery of resources from designers, artists, and programming team members for the duration of an experimental Facebook gaming project.
- Built Java web services utilizing the Spring Framework for back-end processing.
- Designed and developed enterprise solutions within ASP.NET.
- Enhanced public websites and internal applications using Java, C#, C++, Perl and ASP languages.
- Resolved production issues for QVC.com, QVC.de, and QVC.co.uk via on-call support.
- Produced technical documentation formalizing functionality and semantics of enterprise system application processes.
- Developed enterprise applications utilizing Java-based web services, formatting XML data with XSL style sheets via ASP to present dynamic XHTML to Customer Service representatives.
- Maintained existing applications using ASP and VBScript for presentation and VB COM+ components for data source interaction.
Bachelors, Computer & Information Sciences
University of Delaware · 2000 - 2004
Masters Program, Business
University of Delaware · 2004 - 2006